Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:03:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
after having a bad run of bot's we now have reopened the forum to new members.  hopefully we won't be overrun again and have to cut of registration.  so if you have been trying to register, now is the time to do so.
34481 Posts in 2720 Topics by 1130 Members
Latest Member: electrosteam
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
|-+  Microcogen/***/SOMRAD Forums
| |-+  Lister Engine Auctions
| | |-+  Free shipping to Kansas? So how is this working exactly?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Free shipping to Kansas? So how is this working exactly?  (Read 76321 times)
AdeV

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:28:40 AM »

Basically, as follows:

A container has been (or will soon be) booked from the UK to Dodge City, Kansas. It will travel by sea & truck, as required.

The container has already been paid for by the vendors! Part of the "hammer price" (i.e. the amount you bid) has already been set aside to get the engine from its current home in a field/barn/outhouse in deepest rural England (or wherever), to Kansas.

Therefore, you - the winning bidder - need only to arrange (and pay for, as applicable) shipping between Kansas & your engine's new home.

Of course, to make this work, the vendors need to realise a minimum amount of money for their engines. There's also quite a few of them coming up for sale (I know, as I write this only 2 are listed... that WILL change), so everyone should have a chance at one. The more engines that are sold, the better it gets for everyone.

PS: Non-US bidders, sorry there is NO discount offered on your bid price, just because the engine doesn't go in the container....

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...
injin man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »

Just a FYI, there was a kit engine in Kansas that I bought
and it cost right at 300.00 to ship it to Houston Door to Door.
If you don't have a forklift your mileage may vary. They sent
it on Vitran Trucklines.
RJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »

Basically, as follows:

A container has been (or will soon be) booked from the UK to Dodge City, Kansas. It will travel by sea & truck, as required.

The container has already been paid for by the vendors! Part of the "hammer price" (i.e. the amount you bid) has already been set aside to get the engine from its current home in a field/barn/outhouse in deepest rural England (or wherever), to Kansas.

Therefore, you - the winning bidder - need only to arrange (and pay for, as applicable) shipping between Kansas & your engine's new home.

Is this still happening? I guess i need an update on engines and whatnot.

Of course, to make this work, the vendors need to realise a minimum amount of money for their engines. There's also quite a few of them coming up for sale (I know, as I write this only 2 are listed... that WILL change), so everyone should have a chance at one. The more engines that are sold, the better it gets for everyone.

PS: Non-US bidders, sorry there is NO discount offered on your bid price, just because the engine doesn't go in the container....
dieselgman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:19 AM »

RJ, we are now anticipating using Houston as our port of entry and may disperse the load from that point if we can get a local yard to handle the unloading and temporary storage. There is room on this container if you want to send something over...

Contact me at gary@dieselgen.com for further details.

dieselgman

Ford Powerstroke, Caterpillar 3304s, Cummins M11, Too many Listers to count.
dieselgman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »

Auction is absolutely dead, but the container is still being moved with a full load of the old iron. If you would like to add something to the load the gary@dieselgen.com is the contact.

Happy Holidays!

dieselgman

rcavictim

Extradimensional Night Crawlers at area31

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »

Auction is absolutely dead, but the container is still being moved with a full load of the old iron. If you would like to add something to the load the gary@dieselgen.com is the contact.

Happy Holidays!

dieselgman

I did not get involved in this but I seem to recall that some people have sent their hard earned money in exchange for promised engines to be delivered to Kansas.  These folks had better get what they contracted for in good faith is all I have to say.

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.
dieselgman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »

I did not get involved in this but I seem to recall that some people have sent their hard earned money in exchange for promised engines to be delivered to Kansas.  These folks had better get what they contracted for in good faith is all I have to say.

Neither did I get involved in this venture when it was started up, not until the last couple of months trying to help salvage the project. The entire ill-conceived thing was simply dropped... we are now picking up those pieces the best we can. What was contracted for? And with whom? Now that is a good puzzle! And it is one that we are trying to fully unravel. No doubt a lot of money has changed hands, much more to follow. This sort of thing cannot be pulled off cheaply or easily. And it is likely that a lot of promises and representations have been broken.

We are interested in hearing any and all input or complaints so that justice may be served as best we can manage. Just don't be pointing any fingers at the innocent! And that is what I have to say! So let's hear all the details from anyone who can add the facts please!

dieselgman

rcavictim

Extradimensional Night Crawlers at area31

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »

dieselgman,

If you thought I was finger pointing you were mistaken.  I wish you only good luck getting this train back on the tracks.  I'm sure anyone with skin invested will be happy to assist.

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.
dieselgman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »

Thanks for your clarification, this is important!

Yes, indeed there is confusion (lack of complete and accurate information), a lot of people involved at different levels and too many loose ends. We have been working toward resolution for a couple of months now... it is my hope that we can settle the major issues of what is located where and also what is owed to whomever, and can get the final arrangements completed and the final shipping details confirmed right away. I had hoped to be able to rely on and simply execute the previously made arrangements to some extent, but the time delays and changes have made most of those arrangements fall by the wayside. Right now we are having everything we can control consolidated over to Mark Wilkinson's (in the U.K.) who has the proper facility to load and secure the cargo container for us. Aside from a bit of upset over various Seller's failures to perform, I think that the major interests are safe and secure and this project will continue proceeding on a slightly modified track. In fairness to all, it appears that a distribution out of Houston will be the new arrangement. We have owners on both East and West Coasts involved, and do not wish to cause any extra or uncalled for expenses.

dieselgman

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: