Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 08:14:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
after having a bad run of bot's we now have reopened the forum to new members.  hopefully we won't be overrun again and have to cut of registration.  so if you have been trying to register, now is the time to do so.
34469 Posts in 2718 Topics by 1130 Members
Latest Member: electrosteam
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
|-+  Refrigeration
| |-+  absorption driven systems (Moderator: WGB)
| | |-+  Absorbtion cooler efficiency?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Absorbtion cooler efficiency?  (Read 42617 times)
BioHazard

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »

Recently I have been thinking very hard about providing heat/AC for the entire industrial complex where my shop is with a good sized NG cogenerator. I am very interested in the Yazaki "water fired" absorbtion chillers, though I'm still waiting to find out just how many arms/legs they cost.

What I'm wondering about is the efficiency of an absorbtion chiller such as that? I mean as far as BTU input via hot water, how many BTUs of cooling output do you get per BTU of heat input? Is there a rough rule of thumb that I can use?

Do engines get rewarded for their steam?
mobile_bob
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »

looks like single effect chillers are about .6 COP, and double effect about 1.0COP

http://www.stanford.edu/group/narratives/classes/08-09/CEE215/ReferenceLibrary/Chillers/AbsorptionChillerGuideline.pdf

page 5 goes into the efficiencies

bob g
Ronmar
SOMRAD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »

This one looks interesting.  But it apears that the company is no longer with us...

http://andyschroder.com/rotartica.html

Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"
Seafarer12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »

I know this is rally old but I have a 30 ton Yazaki .work if you have any questions
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: