Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 09:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
after having a bad run of bot's we now have reopened the forum to new members.  hopefully we won't be overrun again and have to cut of registration.  so if you have been trying to register, now is the time to do so.
34480 Posts in 2720 Topics by 1130 Members
Latest Member: electrosteam
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
|-+  Alternators and Generators
| |-+  Inverter Generator (Moderator: Henry W)
| | |-+  honda 2000i
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: honda 2000i  (Read 4056 times)
tempforce

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »

i've had my honda eu2000i for over ten years. i've only found a few items it didn't like powering. like my craftsman 20 gallon air compressor.
it will power a small pancake compresser found at wall-mart (china-mart).. i would however power my roof air-conditioning unit on my 32' holiday rambler trailer. it was the optional larger unit. i don't remember the btu of the unit, it would keep you cool during a summer day in arid-zona... it would not power the microwave with the a/c on, the overload would trip. at times i wish i would of gotten the next larger generator, until i need to pack it.. it didn't bother a.m. radio or t.v. reception. i could use my desktop computer with it with no i'll effects.
for those looking to buy one now, inflation will get you, as i paid $850. for mine.
glort

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:31:01 AM »

The thing with the Honda's is you can get a cable and pair up another unit for a higher single output.

Saw an extreme example of this on YT where some git had 6 of them coupled up together.  I asked why he did this and the answer was they were lighter to move.
Really? If you need that much power for your RV, an intelligent person would use a single unit and build it in/on somewhere or at least cut then down to a sensible number of larger units. Clearly this twit had more Dollars than Sense.

I imagine having 4 of the things humming away would not be that quiet even as quiet as they are and refueling them would be a chore as well.

my father who lives in the country has a 2000 honda and loves it. While also being about 10 yo, it hasn't done a lot of work, mainly he uses in times of frequent but short blackouts where he is but it has paid for itself in  saving frozen and refrigerated food and allowing him to carry on with his business in times of power outage.

One day I'll get him a proper Diesel Gen and set it up with an ATS so it powers the whole place and he won't even know the mains power is out.  :0)
SteveU.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 08:51:38 AM »

Coupling up two of these is not a bad approce. They are specifically built/programed to do this.
One youtube contributor even says with two Honda 2000i's he gets less fuel use than previously using his larger Honda-inverter unit.
My wife's Honda 2000i versus my larger Yamaha 2800I is verification of this.
Using all of these extremely low per hour fuel sippers though I've found best to use a paint cone filter on unit tanks filling. Small particle black crud I believe from the station dispensing hose and vlave seals has made it through the units in tanks nylon screens and jets clogged on my units carburetors.
PITA to bowl drop; back flush with carb cleaner to clear when all's you wanted was to pull-rope power, and walk-a-way.
Regards
Steve Unruh

"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.
Derb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 05:17:57 AM »

Hi Fellas. I just acquired one of these new EU20i generators as a straight swap for my Lister generator set. It is light, quiet, economical and starts 1st pop every time with a light pull. It is also easy to cart around in the caravan unlike the Lister. Cheesy There are any number of Chinese copies of these around for under $900-00 NZD as opposed to $2400-00 NZD for the Honda but I wouldn't expect them to be around for long. I also checked out a Hyundai unit but it was "really heavy" given the output and a similar price to the Honda anyway. The only other unit I would consider would be the new Yamaha invertor generators - very nice.

Derb.
Kawerau
Bay of Plenty
New Zealand
Honda EU20i
Anderson 2 HP/Fisher & Paykel PM conversion
Anderson 3.5 HP
Villiers Mk20
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: