Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 07:18:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
after having a bad run of bot's we now have reopened the forum to new members.  hopefully we won't be overrun again and have to cut of registration.  so if you have been trying to register, now is the time to do so.
34480 Posts in 2720 Topics by 1130 Members
Latest Member: electrosteam
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Microcogen.info/***/SOMRAD Forums
|-+  Prime movers, diesel and gas engines
| |-+  Witte diesel and gas engines (Moderator: flywheel)
| | |-+  Witte eBay Alert - 12 HP of Mid Century American Industry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Witte eBay Alert - 12 HP of Mid Century American Industry  (Read 246 times)
LowGear

If it ain't diesel - I ain't buyin!

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »

Holy Moly.  The big one with electric start.  This engine will not accept crude oil as a fuel - it's right there in the users manual.  OK, It's a bit rough and the generator has been swiped.  That radiator is actual a condenser.  The hole in the block is part of the cooling system that goes up to the condenser.  As is this puppy probably weighs in at a ton.  My understanding is that this unit will deliver a real 6 KW 24/7.  Oh yeah, there's a giant oil sump in the cast iron base and has a pressure oil system with a factory filter.

Good Luck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263253713486?ul_noapp=true
AdeV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:14:26 AM »

OMG I'm in love!

Thank goodness there's no way on earth I could afford to buy & ship it, otherwise I'd be on the phone to him right now, and sod the fact it's probably 3am where he is!

Meanwhile, in the more amusing side of the news.... someone's kinda hopeful about this little old Lister: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lister-Diesel-Stationary-Engine/272811673393

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...
RJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:28:01 AM »

Boy... I'm seriously considering that thing.

LowGear knowing you're the resident Witte guy is there some online information you can point me to?

Have a couple listers but nothing horizontal.

Have a 10KW belt drive marathon head that would like a home. Plus this would make a great project for my son and I to restore.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:51:56 AM by RJ » Logged
LowGear

If it ain't diesel - I ain't buyin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:11:56 AM »

Hi RJ,

I'm sorry to report that I'm mostly a bystanding fan of these engines.  I have a photocopied user manual for the smaller one which I also own.  This "big" one is the one that most Witte people dream of because of the electric start and good HP.  How has google treated your search?  Witte was last owned by Arrow.

Casey
RJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:40:52 AM »

A fair amount of info on google.

Trying to talk my self out of it currently  Grin , which I always do before a purchase like this. Big draw back is I already have a lot of engines, which also happen to be 1000 miles from me as we moved last summer. So storage would be an issue. I could  store it at my brothers (800 miles from me) or see if I can find a place near me now to store it. My tractor to lift it is also 1000 miles from me....

The timing certainly isn't ideal. That's the main issue

I have yet to look into parts. Not having a good feel for the condition of the engine chills my feet a bit.

I do have some nice PMG's that wold look nice on it as well. Couple days to think about it.

RJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 01:23:29 PM »

The parts supply of Witte seems to have dwindled significantly, not knowing a lot of the status on this engine certainly raises concerns.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: